Maharaja Agrasen Institute of Technology


Important Notice Regarding Fresh Registration cum Participation in the Online Counselling and Filling/Editing of Choices for the candidates applied under Management Quota 2023-24


Refer to the GGSIPU notification F. No. IPU/Online Counselling/2023/4129 dated: August 8, 2023 regarding Schedule for Fresh Registration cum Participation in the Online Counselling and Filling/Editing of Choices 2023-24 on, the candidates are advised to read the below mentioned points carefully who have already applied for Management Quota Admissions 2023-24.

  1. At our Institute the list of the students having very high aggregate percentage have applied against Management Quota is long specially in B.Tech and BBA programmes.
  2. We advise the aspirants not to solely rely on the management quota admissions as the number of seats available through this quota is only 10% of the total intake. These seats will be filled based on merit, considering the aggregate marks obtained in the qualifying exams. Therefore, it is highly recommended to actively participate in the centralized counselling conducted by GGSIPU for the remaining 90% seats. The probability of securing a seat is higher when applying through the centralized counselling against the 90% open seats.
  3. The information provided highlights the allocation of seats under the management quota in a specific region. It mentions that out of the total 10% seats available under the management quota, 85% of the seats are allocated for the Delhi Region, and the remaining 15% seats are allocated for the Outside Delhi Region.For the seats allocated to the Delhi Region, there is a reservation policy in place. Out of the total management seats for Delhi, 17% are reserved for DSC, 1% for DST, 5% for DDEF, and 3% for DPWD. Similarly, for the seats allocated to the Outside Delhi Region, there is also a reservation policy. Out of the total management seats for the Outside Delhi Region, 15% are reserved for ODSC, 7.5% for ODST, 5% for ODDEF, and 3% for ODPWD.
  1. The information provided in points 2nd and 3rd indicates that obtaining a seat under the management quota can be challenging due to the reservation policies and limited number of available seats. The allocation of seats under the management quota favours specific categories and regions, which further reduces the chances of securing a seat. Therefore, it is crucial to engage in critical thinking and make intelligent and well-informed decisions when selecting seats, whether it is through centralized counselling or the management quota. Considering the reservation policies and the competition for seats, applicants should carefully assess their eligibility, preferences, and available options to maximize their chances of securing admission.
  2. As per the past experience the cut off which will be declared after 3rd round for counselling of B.Tech course will go in high variation as compared to 2nd round of counselling.
  3. Those candidates who have higher rank in JEE Mains are again advised to apply a Fresh if not registered previously or modify your choices/preferences either of the Institute or branches for 3rd round of counselling to get better for getting seat in our Institute and advised to read the above mentioned GGSIPU notification thoroughly.


For any further updates or notifications, please regularly visit the Institute and GGSIPU websites.

Incharge (Admissions)