Dr. N. K. Garg
Maharaja Agrasen Technical Education Society
Maharaja Agrasen Institute of Technology (MAIT) is established by Maharaja Technical Education Society, in 1999. The society is promoted by a group of well known Industrialists, Businessmen, Professionals and Philanthropists with the aim to promote quality education in the field of technology. The promoters of the society have been involved in various activities related to basic and professional education, health care and have established a number of educational institutions consisting of Engineering College, Polytechnic, ITI and are also managing Five-Public Schools at various locations in Delhi. They have already setup Maharaja Agrasen Hospital with 300-beds having modern sophisticated machines in Delhi and running a Medical College and hospital at Agroha, Haryana.
The following objectives have been envisioned for the Institute :
- To provide for excellence in Engineering & Technical Education and Research.
- To provide for synergetic coupling of Science, Mathematics, Management and Information Technology in Engineering Education.
- To provide for unifying and interdisciplinary aspect of Engineering.
- To provide computers as : an aid to study, an object of study, a professional tool, an intellectual tool, an instrument of social change and above all their impact on the very nature and practice of engineering profession at large.
- To develop strong communication skills in the students.
- To create awareness for social, historical, ethical, cultural and human values.
- To create a culture for self and life long learning.
- To create an intellectual spirit and capability for critical judgment.
- To establish a symbiotic relationship with industries.
- To develop entrepreneurship programmes and promote student entrepreneurs.
- To develop continuing education programmes.
- To create an awareness for development with equity and environmental values.
- To utilize technology for human happiness.
- To undertake resource generation and provide consultancy services.
- (Dr. N.K. Garg)